16 September 2009

right2bet petition

The right2bet petition:

I hereby state my support for right2bet and their aim for all EU citizens to have the right to choose which EU licensed online betting provider they use, irrespective of which Member State they operate from.

I, the undersigned, wish to bring to your attention the following:

- I want the right to use the Internet to bet online across borders of all EU Member States.

- I want the right to use websites of EU licensed online gambling operators that give me more fun, better odds and better games.

- I do not want to have to go outside the EU to use sites which may be unlicensed and whose origins I know nothing about.

- I want you to take firm action against governments of EU Member States that will still not allow me (and other citizens of the EU) to exercise this freedom.

- I want to know that responsible gambling will be encouraged. I want to know that my children cannot access these sites.

- I want the Commission to take action against Member States that do not allow me to bet with EU-licensed operators that meet the highest standards in consumer and child protection, socially responsible gambling and crime prevention.

- I want you to take action to remove the existing barriers to EU consumers exercising their rights to purchase online services across EU Member States borders.

http://www.right2bet.net

No comments: